Rise of the Demigods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Percy Jackson and the Olympians RPG site! Feel free to join, RPG, and chat~

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Current Season
~ SUMMER ~
Latest topics
» shot in the dark
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am by Andrew Night

» Long Island Sound
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 pm by Goose

» Mess Hall for Eating
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm by Sierra Kingsley

» The Lakeside
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 pm by Kora Craven

» Dike Cabin
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 am by Justin Henderson

» The Infirmary
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 pm by Kora Craven

» Hecate Cabin
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:52 pm by Kora Craven

» The Rock Climbing Wall
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm by Kora Craven

»  The Trees
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 pm by Kora Craven

Top posting users this month
No user
BIG REMINDER
Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm by feathertail
Just a quick reminder to all campers to reply to characters' bio forms when they are no longer in use as characters to let us know that fact so we can keep the collection up to date, and also to reply in the Faceclaim, Who's Who, and Cabin lists so that we can work as efficiently as possible!

Thank you,

The Admin Team

Comments: 2

Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lone Soldier

Lone Soldier

Character sheet
Name: Quinton Emery
Godly Parent: Deimos
Years of Camp: 3

Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:25 pm

So.... Sorry Im very late but School trying to move and all is a hassle. Either way let ask The Question! "What's your favorite Rick Riordan Book?"  

Personally I like all his stuff (except Kane Chronicles, Not an Egyptian God fan. Please don't hurt me because of it.) I'm more into Graphic Novels/Morbid Literature/ War Stories. (Very Big Edgar Allan Poe fan) Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  EAP-3-edgar-allan-poe-12205839-300-394

Please post and respond! Don't forget we don't judge here. See you all til Next Time! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lone Soldier

Lone Soldier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Sorry if This Edition Is Short Ill try to get better at "Hosting" this if you can call it that. lol!
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:33 pm

I quite like the Kane Chronicles, I've always liked Egyptian gods. Though, because it made me so happy, my favourite would have to be The House of Hades. I don't like his new series, the first bit was good, really good, but after the EVENT (people will know what I mean if they've read it), it just went downhill and seemed a bit pointless to me. I personally think his publishers arre just trying to get more money out of his fans, playing off the franchise a lot...
Back to top Go down
Lone Soldier

Lone Soldier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Yeah. They are. I missed the Gravity of the situation and how powerful the Gods and enemies felt in The Percy Jackson series. His other work are good but to Kiddy due to his Publishers being Disney and stuff. He could be great again but its whateves. It would be better to get a revamp then more series.
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet
Name: Logan Henderson
Godly Parent: Athena
Years of Camp: 6

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 9:45 pm

I liked the PJ series and I still haven't finished the House of Hades yet... But I enjoyed both the PJ & Heroes of Olympus series so far.

(Btw, you're a Poe fan, I very much enjoy Robert Frost if we're talking poetry.)
Back to top Go down
Kora Craven

Kora Craven

Character sheet
Name: Hannah Garret {emily browning}
Godly Parent: Apollo
Years of Camp: 1

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:25 pm

I loved both PJ series, but was disappointed with the last book. I wanted to like the Kane Chronicles, but I thought that the writing in that series wasn't as good, much to my disappointment. I think because he was writing the Kane books while he was finishing the Percy books it didn't have the potential it could have. I found the characters very annoying and with not much room for character development. I'm loving the Magnus Chase book so far. {haven't had time to finish it yet} and I'm looking forward to his book The Apollo Trials.
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:23 pm

I feel like Leo has the most room for development and they all have little quirks but I see you're point. In Heroes of Olympus, Leo is the only one I see slowly developing. Jason and Piper already seem perfect which doesn't make a good story.
Back to top Go down
Kora Craven

Kora Craven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Here are some things I think he should write, a series of short stories about Leo and Calypso, a story just about Reyna, and something about the next generation of demigods{mostly because I want more Percabeth}
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:44 pm

Yeah. I agree with you there but I think he's putting that saga to rest.
Back to top Go down
Lone Soldier

Lone Soldier

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:13 am

(Frost is pretty good. But I just love Edgar and his flow.)
Either way I just saw that Apollo trials and I want to read it NOW! After I try out the Magnus book though. Is I Magnus good?
But sometimes I would like to think of the Concept of a More Graphic Adult-ish version of PJ would be really good. Like I said I like E.A.P, so details of Monsters Eating Mortals alive (Dont want to get too dark in this post but you get the jest) and stuff like that would really get your mind into the Book.
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 10:34 am

Magnus is bad. And Jason/Piper was too quick and too perfect for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
Kora Craven

Kora Craven

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:00 pm

See I'm loveing the Magnus book so far. And I really hated the Kane Chronicals.
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Just didn't give me that 'original' vibe. Kane Chronicles really did.
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 8:03 pm

I never really enjoyed Kane Chronicles and truth be told, I haven't read much more from Rick Riordan either...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)    Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Discussion! #2 (FINALLY)
Page 1 of 1