Rise of the Demigods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Percy Jackson and the Olympians RPG site! Feel free to join, RPG, and chat~

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Current Season
~ SUMMER ~
Latest topics
» shot in the dark
David Shuter Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2023 9:30 am by Andrew Night

» Long Island Sound
David Shuter Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:54 pm by Goose

» Mess Hall for Eating
David Shuter Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm by Sierra Kingsley

» The Lakeside
David Shuter Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 8:53 pm by Kora Craven

» Dike Cabin
David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 am by Justin Henderson

» The Infirmary
David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2018 8:25 pm by Kora Craven

» Hecate Cabin
David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2018 6:52 pm by Kora Craven

» The Rock Climbing Wall
David Shuter Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm by Kora Craven

»  The Trees
David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 pm by Kora Craven

Top posting users this month
No user
BIG REMINDER
David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm by feathertail
Just a quick reminder to all campers to reply to characters' bio forms when they are no longer in use as characters to let us know that fact so we can keep the collection up to date, and also to reply in the Faceclaim, Who's Who, and Cabin lists so that we can work as efficiently as possible!

Thank you,

The Admin Team

Comments: 2

David Shuter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Name: David Shuter

Nickname?: Sparky, airhead

Personality: David is confident, and sometimes egotistical. Yet he cares very much for the people close to him and would do anything to keep them safe from harm. he usually goes into battle to save others and not to save himself. He does not rule over anyone, and despite his godly parent, considers himself equal (except in battle) to every demigod..and even Mortals

Looks: David has brown hair, which style changes from really short (almost buzz cut) and medium length hair. He has deep blue eyes, which some people say if you look closely enough, THEY seem to spark with energy. He is about 6'1 with a muscular build thanks to years of training. he has his share of battle scars, most are on his arms and chest, but they are not very noticeable. He has not tattoo's (yet) nor any piercings. (Faceclaim: Kellan Lutz)

God parent: Zeus

Power(s)?: Wind control: He can use the winds to push, pull or grab objects (not with ease). he may also levitate objects.
Control over lightning: It strikes his sword with accuracy since it is a gift from Zeus, but he can not control it well enough to risk it in battle.
storm creating (but not controlling after they are created): he finds the clouds more react to his feelings than conscious thought. When he is angry, the sky responds. He can do with consiou effort, yet it is a lot harder.

Backstory: David was born in canada, and spent most of his school career an outcast, do to how he could no content with anyone, then one day in grade 7, everything changed. He was attacked by a 'Canadain' as everyone at Camp likes to call them. It was stormy out, and when David was cornered, lightning came down and stuck the monster.. David blacked out.

He was then spirited away to camp halfblood, where he was claimed and has resided ever since. He went on one main quest, which was to kill the reformed Medusa. He succeeded barely, and since then only leaves camp when he is needed to help protect demigods from monsters before they reach camp, or when other needs arise.

Weapon(s): 'Kveykva' A curved sword. It was a gift from Zeus. David can store it in the sky when not in use, and can call it down whenever he needs it. It does not require any concentration to do. He also wields a small dagger dubbed 'Backstabber' for that was about the only thing he uses it for.

Other?: He is one of the Demigods who can read without problems, and spends a lot of his free time (when not training) reading.

Last edited by Iron Thunder on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet
Name: Logan Henderson
Godly Parent: Athena
Years of Camp: 6

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:56 am

Flying is not allowed. It is considered godmoding. The lightning control you'll have to ask Flissy Brooke, our admin about, but I don't think that's allowed either. Other than that, accepted
Back to top Go down

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Not so sound rude, but have you read the Heroes of Olympus series. A son of Zeus (jupiter, whatever) flies, and can use lightning. Heck even Thalia can use lightning. I'm not going to pretend to school you, but godmodding is if In roleplay I said "And then David stabbed Jason through the lung, killing him instently." or to a lower degree "David then shook Jason's hand, to which he shook back"

If anything flying would be marrysueing. But since it is a cannon power of sons of Zeus, i really think it shouldn't. if I had invented a new power, it would be understandable..if anything i thought the storm creating thing would have been brought up, since I can not recall when either Jason nor Thalia started an actual storm.

Sorry if it seems like I am trying to undermine your authority, but since those are cannon powers... I do not se ehow they are a problem.. especially when not so cannon powers are up there and they are not even mentioned..
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm more like a number 2 authority. It'd be Flissy's word that counts here. I'll talk to her about it and get back to you ASAP.
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi there! I'm afraid I do agree with Logan on this one, even though they are canon powers, if you look at most of the characters here, they have weak powers if they have them at all. This isn't exactly like Percy Jackson, I'm afraid, as we don't have any connection with Canon characters. While I understand they are Canon, I feel it would be unfair on the other players to have such a powerful demigod with so many powers. (Yes I know Big Three kids are powerful, but see above.) Can I suggest you have a couple of weaker powers, for example, controlling the air and being able to control the storms. I'm not trying to force you into anything, but it might make a happier community if you edit your application and let us know what you've changed. Thanks for your time,

Flissy Smile
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 6:48 pm

Summoning light winds seems like a cool power to have.
Back to top Go down

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:30 pm

Technically controlling the air is how Jason Flies. But.. I shall drop the flight.. as long as i get to keep all the other powers. Lightining is just something that I feel should be a child of Zeus power on any site, for Zeus is known for his lightning.. I would even sacrifice the storm thing.
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:40 pm

As long as you don't use it in battle. Or if you do, you must have a MAJOR hindrance to it.
Back to top Go down

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:46 pm

The only time he would use it in battle is to electrify his sword, he rarely uses it as a direct weapon in combat with other demigods.. only in a large fight with monsters.
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 pm

I feel Flissy has the last word. I honestly don't know if that's allowed.
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 3:23 am

I'm afraid that what I said before still stands. Your character can use a Pegasus for flight if they really want that sort of advantage, but I have talked with Adriane, who is the top of the top, and she agrees with me.
Back to top Go down

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:15 pm

(Bleh, I know it's been over 12 hours since the last post but gimme a break)

Another thing with the form that I've noticed (that is in no way your fault, Iron Thunder) - there's a lack of "Strengths" and "Weaknesses" in it. Perhaps a revision of the character form is in order... that way, it shifts the balance, and more easily prevents a possible Mary/Gary Sue character. Demigods do have a fatal flaw, after all.

As far as wind powers go... you could have them, but flying would be a no. Levitation, possibly, but no more than that.
Back to top Go down

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:41 pm

tbh I agree with that, as for powers. Let me get this straight. Wind and storm powers are a go (minus flight) And lightning..only when calling the sword down from the sky? I can't even electrify it?
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 9:47 pm

I agree. Levitation is also allowed, but flying is not from what I understand.
Back to top Go down

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Okay, I edited the powers. I kept the lightning in the back story just because it was luck (and I really did not feel liek finding some other way to get him out of that situation.
Back to top Go down
Justin Henderson
Admin
Justin Henderson

Character sheet

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 am

Accepted! You are now free to start roleplaying with us!
Back to top Go down
feathertail

Character sheet
Name:
Godly Parent:
Years of Camp:

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 5:25 am

Welcome to camp!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

David Shuter Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Shuter   David Shuter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Shuter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rise of the Demigods :: Character Creation :: Old Forms-
Jump to: